Free Online Accredited Learning in Interprofessional Geriatrics Program
Earn free Continuing Education Credits
Upon completion of each module you can immediately print a “Continuing Education Credit” certificate
Our website serves as a portal to our Online Accredited Learning in Interprofessional Geriatrics (ENGAGE-IL-OALIG) Program.
- Simply click “Register Here/ Log In” to register or log in for our Online Accredited Learning in Interprofessional Geriatrics
- This on-line program offers a menu of 32 a-la-carte modules on topics related to the care of older adults
- Take one or all of our modules!
- Receive continuing education credit for your discipline (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy)
- Complete post-evaluation survey and receive free CEUs. The CE certificate can be immediately printed upon module completion.
Developed, written, and vetted by interprofessional geriatric content experts at UIC and across the country
- Click on “ENGAGE-IL-OALIG”
- Choose a module by reviewing the menu of topics, reading the overview summaries and learning objectives
- Click on “Register Here/ Log In ”
- Complete the module by watching the film and answering embedded assessment questions
- Complete post-evaluation survey and receive CEUs. The CE certificate will be emailed to you within 3 weeks of completing the learning module
- Take more modules!
In order to receive your CEU certification you must complete the mandatory Evaluation Form which can be found by selecting “Training and Evaluation” from the menu on the left side of the screen when you are logged in. You can immediately print your Continuing Education Certificate.
Following accepted social work practice, all social work users should contact their state regulatory body to ensure CEU endorsement for their state. In this case, we have already secured endorsement for IL users. If you're not an Illinois resident, we encourage you to contact your state regulatory body.
Promoting wellness is integral to improving health and quality of life for older adults while assisting them to better self-manage their chronic illnesses. These modules take an interprofessional approach to promoting wellness by educating health professionals to better care for older adults (Geriatric Assessment; Nutrition; Oral Health; Sleep Quality; and coming soon: Sexuality) and manage common conditions (Common Acquired Hospital Complications; Managing Multiple Chronic Conditions; Pain Management; Drug Therapy in Older Adults; and coming soon: Dementia; Older Adults with Visual, Hearing and Cognitive Impairment; Urinary Incontinence ) in a variety of health care settings Transitional Care; Palliative Care.
There are unique psychosocial changes and needs that arise with aging. These modules address common negative consequences associated with psychosocial functioning and aging including Depression and Delirium and Elder Abuse and Self-Neglect. These modules also promote wellness and improve quality of life by educating health professionals to address the psychosocial needs of older adults and families at the end of life (End of Life: Hospice and Advance Directives ; The Dying Process).
An important aspect of wellness is inclusion of issues of safety and engagement with families and the community. These modules connect the concepts of wellness and safety Fall Prevention, Driving Safety; Medication Management; and community services (Community Based Home Care). The modules educate health professionals to enhance patients’ relationships Communication Among Patients and Practitioners, while addressing the needs of families and caregivers Caregiver Burden.
Population health focuses on interrelated conditions and factors that influence the health of the older adult population over the life course. This module educates health professionals on the physiology of aging (Process of Aging), complex healthcare systems Community Services: Access and Payment Systems; Geriatric Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and lifestyle and cultural aspects of aging (Physical Activity and the Older Adult and coming soon: LGBTQIA Older Adults).